To Register and Pay for April Vacation Programs: CLICK HERE.
If you prefer to pay by check, fill out the registration form HERE. Make your check payable to RIYT, and mail to RIYT, 2170 Tower Hill Rd, Saunderstown, RI 02874. Please list the student’s name on the check.
Suggested Donation: $50
Facilitators: NYC Playwright Chris Lysik & Director Jenna Tremblay
Location: St Luke’s Episcopal Church, 99 Peirce St, East Greenwich, RI
Sessions: Fri April 17th 4 to 9 pm & Sat. April 18th, 10 am to 4:30 pm
This original musical was written by Chelsea Cook & NY-based film and TV composer Ed Barton.
“What happens when you fight against fate? Are you really in control of your own destiny? Sleeping Beauty will never look the same.”
Fee: $ 300 for 1st family member; $ 150 sibling
For students ages 7-18
Director: Chelsea Cook
Music Director and Guest Artist: Ed Barton
Location: Narragansett High School, 245 South Pier Road, Narragansett, RI 02882
Rehearsals: April 20-25, 9 am to 3 pm
Shows: Sat. April 25 at 7 pm & Sun. April 26 at 2 pm.
To Register and Pay for Either Program: CLICK HERE.
Scholarships are available. Please see the POLICIES section below for more information.
Registration & Details Available on Sunday, March 1
July 6-18: Disney’s Aladdin Jr. for ages 7-15 at the Prout School in Wakefield.
July 20-Aug 1: Treasure Island: A New Musical, ages 12-18 at Park Theatre in Cranston.
Aug 3-15: Lion King Jr., ages 7-18 at Park Theatre in Cranston.
Rhode Island Youth Theatre Policies
- Students will not be allowed to attend a casting, rehearsal, or workshop session until they have filled out all forms and paid in full.
- All registered students will be cast in scenes throughout the show.
- Full refunds are provided until one day prior to the program start date. No refunds will be offered on or after the program start date.
- Requests for full or partial scholarships should be emailed to the Executive Director at least two weeks prior to the start of a program. (Please see scholarship details below.) When sibling discounts are available, the discount details will be listed in registration materials.
- All RIYT programs are nut-free zones. Due to food allergies, participants should not share food or bring in food for the cast or staff.
- Absolutely no photography or videography is allowed at our shows. When RIYT is able to purchase a video license, RIYT will provide a free recording to each student’s family. In accordance with copyright laws, this recording is for personal use only and may not be posted on the Internet.
Additional Information About RIYT Scholarships: Who Qualifies?
As a general guideline, participation in the free or reduced lunch program at a school qualifies participants for scholarship assistance. RIYT acquires all its money for scholarships through donations made to our annual fund and ads placed in our program booklets. RIYT welcomes the participation of all families attending our programs in acquiring donations and ads. RIYT is only able to provide scholarships up to the amount that we raise in scholarship donations. We will respond to all scholarship requests one week before a program starts. RIYT asks each family to request scholarships for no more than one program per season.