A Message from RIYT Executive Director Ann O’Grady
After 32 years of running summer theatre programs for youth, we must suspend our 2020 summer programs. We’ll issue full refunds to all who registered.
The recent announcement made by RI Governor Gina Raimondo makes it clear that there will be no large gatherings or arts events this summer, in order to ensure our safety. We look forward to reopening in the future, once state guidelines indicate that it is time for us all to gather together again. Until that time, I invite you to use our Facebook page to share your songs, dances, videos, photos, artwork, designs, and stories. This space is yours. Let’s stay connected and support one another. I can’t wait to see what you post here. And I can’t wait to reopen when the time is right!
Lots of love,
Ann O’Grady, executive director, Rhode Island Youth Theatre
Sent from my iPhone
Executive Director, RI Youth Theatre
Rhode Island Youth Theatre Policies
- Students will not be allowed to attend a casting, rehearsal, or workshop session until they have filled out all forms and paid in full.
- All registered students will be cast in scenes throughout the show.
- Full refunds are provided until one day prior to the program start date. No refunds will be offered on or after the program start date.
- Requests for full or partial scholarships should be emailed to the Executive Director at least two weeks prior to the start of a program. (Please see scholarship details below.) When sibling discounts are available, the discount details will be listed in registration materials.
- All RIYT programs are nut-free zones. Due to food allergies, participants should not share food or bring in food for the cast or staff.
- Absolutely no photography or videography is allowed at our shows. When RIYT is able to purchase a video license, RIYT will provide a free recording to each student’s family. In accordance with copyright laws, this recording is for personal use only and may not be posted on the Internet.
Additional Information About RIYT Scholarships: Who Qualifies?
As a general guideline, participation in the free or reduced lunch program at a school qualifies participants for scholarship assistance. RIYT acquires all its money for scholarships through donations made to our annual fund and ads placed in our program booklets. RIYT welcomes the participation of all families attending our programs in acquiring donations and ads. RIYT is only able to provide scholarships up to the amount that we raise in scholarship donations. We will respond to all scholarship requests one week before a program starts. RIYT asks each family to request scholarships for no more than one program per season.